Saturday, June 6, 2009

Last Dance!!

Ms. Lisa and Jia - Certificate of Kindergarten Dance Completion


My beautiful Jia had her last dance class of the year this week, and parents were allowed to attend and take pictures. Sweet Jia wakes up each Thursday and asks, "What's today?" When I reply, "Thursday," she sighs, "Ooooohhhhhh, dance day...." She has completed this entire year just so that she could be in the recital. In fact, the only reason that she even signed up for dance this year is so that she could be in the recital at the end of the year! Obviously, the girl is tenacious! She'll do anything to get on the stage - except smile. While the teacher reminds the girls over and over again to smile, Jia refuses. She explained to me that she didn't want to smile while everyone was watching. She only smiles when they're in the class without people watching - and that's her plan for the recital as well! Go figure!

Jia in Her Ballet Dance

Almost a Smile - But Only for the Picture

Pose with Her Parasol (For Tap Dance)

And surprise of all surprises - She's not signing up for dance next year! Too much work!

1 comment:

  1. Kitty!!! I have missed you on Facebook! I'm so glad you have a blog! YEA! :) Thank you for your sweet comments. I am now "following" you so I'll be able to keep up with you. :) Have a great Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete