Monday, June 29, 2009

Faithful in My Unfaithfulness

Since I wrote last week about feeling so lonely, God has been amazingly faithful to me once again. That very day, I ran to Target and ran into two friends from church. Both are people I really like and in both instances, I knew that it was a God thing. I know that He was showing me that I am only alone when I want to be alone, that there are people whom He has placed in my life to fill that loneliness if I just reach out to them. I immediately thanked him for those friends.

I spent almost the entire day on the phone with my dear sister-in-law Danea, and we laughed and talked about life until I felt my "tank" become full once again. After all, she is only a phone call away, and she loves me and has loved me for so long. Not many people in this world have a best friend who has been there through thick and thin for 25 years. Again, I thanked God for reminding me of that special friendship.

The next day I spoke to my precious friend Anita and shared my feelings with her. She is incredibly helpful in the way that she listens and helps me think through my schedule, the reality of life. She also volunteered to help me sort through what I want my life to look like, where I want to spend my time, and encouraging me to make time for myself and my friends. Thank you, God, for your faithfulness in providing me with a special friend here.

I even picked up the phone and made a McDonald's play date with a hysterical friend from Bible study. She always makes me laugh, and her kids are sweet boys. We had such a good time just being together and talking about things that don't matter, laughing and filling my "tank" some more. God has blessed me with people like Amy M. who make me laugh and are just "real" people.

Anita and I spent time at the pool one day with the children and enjoyed visiting all the way through dinner with the families. There aren't too many relationships where the husbands seem to enjoy each other as much as the wives enjoy each other. God has been faithful in providing that with David and Anita.

Tonight, we cooked out and had a great time. The kids played great together, and it was a time of laughter and teasing that feeds my soul. As we lay around on the couches in the den, I saw again God's faithfulness in providing people in my life who accept my husband, my children, and me just as we are.

I'm still working through some areas of my life, trying to figure out what God wants my days to look like when the kids are back in school in a week and a half. I truly am unsure of the future, but one thing I do know is that God has shown me His faithfulness, and I know that He will not leave me stranded to figure everything out on my own. I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't fulfilled my two week promise of eating well, working out, and spending time in the Word. Fortunately, I follow a God who doesn't keep count. He loves me regardless of my faithfulness, and He is ALWAYS true to His Word, Faithful.

2 comments:

  1. that is so awesome! praise God for friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time hanging out with the family...we need to do it more often! Hope Row is feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete