Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!

My Prince Charming

When I was dating, I was looking for someone who would love me with all of his heart, who would take care of me, and who would never leave me. I knew that I wanted to have children and that I'd like to be a stay-at-home mom, but I never really considered what kind of daddy I was looking for for my future children. Thankfully, God had that taken care of for me.

Rowland is an amazing father. The joke around here is that he's Mr. Mom, and that if I'm to win Mom of the Year, I'll have to beat out my husband! He spends time with each one of the children, whether it's teaching Carson a new guitar lick, taking William to a Rockies game, having breakfast with little Kitty, or taking Jia to Mark Pi's for her favorite lunch. No matter how tired he gets, he always has the extra energy to tuck the kids into bed when I'm on my last leg. He talks to the kids and knows what's important to them, then shows them through his actions that those things are important to him as well. Rowland is very sentimental when it comes to his children. Those moments that move a momma to tears get him crying before the tears fill my eyes. He truly cherishes each child, and each child knows it! He affirms them; he hugs them; he spends time with them; he teases and laughs with them; and most of all, he ALWAYS sacrifices for them!

The Kids Watching the Father's Day Video from Church

Rowland and His Children

A New Corvette Clock

A Portable Hammock

Happy Father's Day to a True Daddy!!!
We love you with all of our hearts!!
(William's Hands Spread out in the Background!)

1 comment:

  1. hey kitty...

    i FINALLY found the post where you gave me your new blog address! it was great to catch up on what you guys have been up to! lots of milestones going on around there!
    we are counting down the days until our BIG MOVE...and i am so ready...but not really ready (as far as packing goes!!!!!)!
    anyway, you asked me about my blog extras - i make all my headers and pics in photoshop and then my dear, sweet hubby actually makes them work on my blog...ha,ha,ha!!!! i am mostly technically challenged! if you ever want a tutorial about photoshop...i'd be more than happy to share!!!!
    looks like life is treating you and your precious family well...thanks for all your sweet comments and for checking in on us! you are great!
    have a great day!
    mere

    ReplyDelete