Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Budding Poet

Yesterday was Kitty's 3rd grade Poetry Brunch, and each of the children chose three of their poems to read to the class and parents. Kitty did a fabulous job, of course!

Kitty Reading to the Class

Limerick -

My little sister is a pest
She made a big fat mess
She kissed the fountain
And ran the mountain
And died because of her nest
- Kitty

I did talk to her about having her sister die because of her nest, but she explained that it was supposed to be nonsensical. I even threw out some other words like "sighed" and "cried," but she said that those words wouldn't make the poem nonsensical. I suppose we'll have to stick with "died." Ugh!


I Don't Understand

I don't understand why we have pie.
I don't understand why my sisters are mean.
I don't understand why we can only live on Earth.
I don't understand why flowers only grow sometimes.
But most of all I don't understand why we have to go to school.
I DO understand that boys are mean when they like you!
- Kitty


Hollie
Smart-elec, funny
Loving, caring, snoring
Best big sister ever
Hollie tamolie
- Kitty


Kitty and Her Best Friend "H" (They planned the shirts, of course!)

Mrs. Havekost (Her New Favorite Teacher) and Kitty

Beautiful job, Sissy!! You made me proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment