Saturday, June 13, 2009

Two Weeks - I Promise

There's a group called Priority Living at my church, and I think that it's a national program. I haven't really wanted to participate because I just feel like I'll fall short in all of the areas in which you set priorities. They're things like personal priorities, home priorities, spiritual priorities, etc. It is a God-centered group, and at the end of the group time, you divide up with a partner and pray for each other, specifically in the priority areas. When you meet again, you share those areas you fell short in and put them back on your priority list while making new priorities in the areas in which you succeeded. I beat myself up constantly so I think that it would just be another place for me to realize how short I often fall. I just don't think that I can handle the pressure with all of the other things going on in my life.

I have determined, though, since we just returned from a trip to Durango, that I must gain control of my weight. A cruise, a trip to Boston, and this most recent trip have added pounds!! I lost four, and I've probably gained back a couple.

My time spent in the Word is best accomplished when I'm leading a Bible study. The leader can't show up with half of the work completed! Now that my Bible study is off for the Summer, and the kids are out of school, I've fallen short once again in feasting on God's Word, Life to my Soul!

So...for the next two weeks, I'm going to bust my tail to accomplish two priorities. I want to lose 10 pounds. (No, I don't expect to lose them all in two weeks, but I do expect to get started well!) I'm going to accomplish this first priority by eating smaller portions and working out at least five days a week. I'm even considering getting up early and going to Jazzercise. Regardless, I'm making this a public priority, and I'd so welcome your words of encouragement and prayers over the next two weeks.

Secondly, and most importantly, I'm going to spend time in the Word five days a week as well. I'm going to finish the last chapter of my Beth Moore study, the Fruit of the Spirit, then move on to one of the Gospels accompanied by journaling. I'll share some of the ways that God speaks to me personally here as well. Once again, your encouragement and prayers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for being my support group during these next two weeks, and I'll definitely give you updates. I'll also share pictures and precious memories from my trip to Boston with my husband and Carrie and Dave, our traveling friends from California. And, of course, I can't wait to share about our family trip to Durango!

Surely, I could eat worms for two weeks. That's nothing compared to what I'll have to do! And my time with God will be a joy! Two weeks....I promise!

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl!! I will definitely pray for you!! The ladies at Jazzercise are very nice!! I pray that God will give you the strength and endurance you need and that your times with Him will be soul filling and refreshing!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitty, I will praying for you about these things. Jazzercise is so much fun! You know Marci is an instructor in Nebraska. I have been discouraged about a few pounds of weight I've gained, too. It's hard for me to have self-control when it comes to food, especially chocolate! :s I need to lose a few pounds. I started doing Livestrong.com. It's GREAT!! You write down everything you eat. I lost a couple of pounds when I was doing it and then I stopped and gained my couple of pounds back. It's kind of like an accountability program for me. I love Beth Moore! She's awesome! Good for you for having a goal of being in the Word 5 days a week. I'll be praying for you!!! Hope you are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitty, the Africa blog is http://recklesslyabandonedafrica2009.blogspot.com/. They've only updated once. I check it a few times a day hoping for an update. Hope you are great today!

    ReplyDelete