Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What a Mom'll Do for a Little Attention

Today, I left the house to go pick up Carson from school. When I left, I had on a pair of old gym shorts, a T-shirt that didn't match, torn-up tennis shoes, and NO, NO, NO makeup. I was the perfect image of dorkdom. I knew, though, that I wouldn't have to get out of the car and that no one would see me. In fact, I'd be home in only 15 minutes.

Carson jumped into the car in a great mood, laughing and being his goofy self. Since I think he's hysterical (He has my brother Douglas' sense of humor), we were having a blast until.....he asked if we could go buy a pair of tennis shoes for him to wear to Washington, D.C. on his class trip. And he wanted to go RIGHT THEN. Carson HATES to go ANYWHERE after school. He ALWAYS wants to go home! Always!!!! Being the needy mom that I am, I agreed. After all, we were having so much fun together, and that doesn't happen as often as it used to happen.

He suggested Kohl's, and although I knew that I'd have to walk halfway through the store to get to the shoes, then all of the way across the store to get to the restroom, I agreed. He was so funny trying on shoes and picking out the perfect pair, making jokes throughout. Then, out of the blue, he decided to look at shorts and T-shirts. He tried on the shorts OVER his jeans, then waddled to the dressing room with the shorts around his ankles! The image was hysterical! He chose a few T-shirts, and eventually, we headed back home with a huge bag in tow.

He'll never know how much I cherished that time alone with him, laughing and acting silly. I'll definitely put it in my memory bank to pull out on a "rainy" day. Who cares about clothes, shoes, makeup, and self-esteem when you get to be a mom enjoying her precious first-born?!

My Goofy Son

He'll Still Hug His Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment