Friday, May 14, 2010

Wow! It's Still Here!

I thought that my blog was taken away from me by the great god of the blogosphere. In fact, I even got a message saying that it was being removed. That's my excuse for not writing, although I just checked, and voila! It's still here!!! I have so much to share and no time this morning, but I WILL be back!! God has been showing me many wonderful things about exactly what He expects from me, not what Kitty expects from herself. How freeing!! Slowly breaking those bonds!

I do have a prayer request that I hesitantly share. My momma's heart is breaking for one of my precious angels, Carson. First off, HIGH SCHOOL SUCKS!!! Now that that's off of my chest, I'll give you my prayer request. After reading Carson's text messages and seeing God's working in His life recently, my heart became broken for him. He has been his usual happy, funny, engaging self. He has still been involved with the family, enjoying time with his dad and even his momma (smile). He's been playing guitar like a mad man, enjoying leading worship for the youth and on Sunday mornings for "big" church. In fact, he's been listening to a lot more Christian music, posting Bible verses on Facebook, and going through a book on being a Christian teen with his dad (at Carson's suggestion). All in all, he seems to be in a very good place, although school is still a thorn in all of our flesh!

His texts revealed a boy who feels very alone, who is being made fun of for listening to Christian music and posting Bible verses on Facebook, who wants to get away from his high school desperately and focus on real friends, family, and God. There were other heart-breaking things that have happened at school and possibly at School of Rock (just not sure). I can't share them all, but I bowed before my God last night and placed that tiny baby (who's now 15 and WAY taller than I) into His hands once again. I'm praying for one good friend, one person who gets him, one person who will laugh with him and hang with him. The request seems simple enough, but it feels like asking God to move a mountain. I've even had to ask God to help me in my unbelief because I don't see anyone around who could be that friend. Please join with me in praying for him. He'll be homeschooling next year, but I don't want him to feel more isolated. God has the answer; clearly, I don't. As I lay this before my Heavenly Father, I look SO forward to the day that I can give Him the glory for the greater work that He will do!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! I haven't been over here in a while. I haven't been much of anywhere. But I just saw something on your Facebook status about homeschooling and I thought, "How'd I miss THAT?!!" So here I am. And here it is. Wow. I will pray for Carson and for you, his parents. I'm so glad I'm not 15 anymore, aren't you? Hooray for homeschoolers!! ;)

    ReplyDelete