Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Just Doesn't Get It



Jia's in first grade this year and having a great year. She is also the child who shares EVERYTHING - TWICE! (Must've gotten it from Rowland?) She came home from school a couple of days ago and asked me if I'd like to hear what happened at school that day. Not wanting to disappoint her, I said, "Sure."

The conversation went something like this:

"I had to change desks today because I was looking on my neighbor's paper."

"Honey, why were you looking on your neighbor's paper?"

"Because I didn't know the answer."

Duh! "Did you feel badly when the teacher moved you?"

"No. I got to move back when the test was over."

"Honey, you understand that you can't look on your neighbor's paper anymore, right?"

"But, Mom, what if I don't know the answer?"

Hmmm......

She also shared with me that she had never "gotten" to sit in the "private office" chair. Thinking that this was a great privilege, I asked her what she needed to do to be able to sit in this special location. Jia: "Talk to my neighbors instead of doing my work."

Just not sure she gets it.....

3 comments:

  1. oh my! sounds a bit like my hannah...oh and I won't share with J about the wedding comment you made...that would nto help is already worried and must be protective emotions. but I do thaink that was funny and a good way to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frustrating for mama, but still super sweet on her part! :-) I love little kids, they are just so innocent and I LOVE IT! Sounds like something my Lexi would say/do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great picture!! She is beautiful! All of my kiddos smiled when they saw her!! Funny story! Coop and I are laughing!! Hopefully she will figure it out! Until then, keep the stories coming! Tell her Cayden says hi!!!! All of us say hi!!! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete